Saturday, March 28, 2020

SURELY, I AM EXPLORING MYSELF AGAIN; GOING DOWN THE MEMORY LANE !!!

"Time is not passing by so fast, it seems, 
even if I become a 'Rip Van Winkle' or 
even if I become DRUNK; 
the garage room got cleaned after so many 
years for some reasons, and in one corner 
of that room, I found a big TRUNK. 
When I opened it, 
I found a SCRAPBOOK; 
after going through the pages, I decided to 
find out those old friends in 'FACEBOOK'. 
I got a diary full of 
stamps that I collected 
in my CHILDHOOD; 
'Philately' was surely one of my best 
hobbies, after seeing those stamps, 
I am really feeling GOOD. 
There is a copybook, in which 
I pasted the cut out 
photos of my favourite 
footballers and CRICKETERS; 
see the fun, in our childhood days, we 
used to cut photos from the newspapers 
to paste it in a copybook, we were also 
good album MAKERS. 
In a small plastic box, I found 
so many old coins, '1 paisa', '2 paisa', 
'10 paisa', '20 paisa', just amazing, 
I was also good in NUMISMATICS; 
even I got so many bus and tram tickets 
tied with a rubber band, the lowest value 
of a bus ticket is just 80 paise, 'Inflation' is 
surely a dangerous word of 'ECONOMICS'. 
Then I got some 
beautiful love letters, 
even one of them were in 
sky blue colored inland PAPER; 
as we run after career, jobs, money, 
climbing up the corporate ladder, 
sometimes, our romantic life does 
become complex and IMPROPER. 
So many music 
cassettes and MP3 
CDs are also THERE; 
today due to FM radio channels and 
musical apps in the Internet, music 
can be heard from ANYWHERE. 
Surely, I am exploring 
myself AGAIN; 
going down the 
memory LANE."- Arindam Sain

No comments:

Post a Comment